Re: [linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 01:29:23 EET

Frank,

        I think it depends on what you're going to do with the drive. At work
I run about 50 systems and we run ext3 on all of them. I really think
that ext3 is way more stable than reiserfs. The problem comes in when
you're trying to do low latency work, ext3 just doesn't cut it. On my
audio system I use my secondary disk for audio only and I back up my
sessions to CD using the bundle tools that I just wrote so I'm not too
worried about disk crashes. Reiserfs is a lot more stable now than it
was when I first used it about three years ago though.

Jan