Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 16:11:09 EET

> Compression by itself might make the pops worse by reducing the peak
> levels of proper vocals, unless the pops peak louder than the vocals.

The latter is my experience, as they tend to be worst when the vocalist gets
too close. I've recently bought a proper pop filter for vocals from
studiospares.com, and this seems to do the job. If anything it keeps the
vocalist too far away from the mic to get the 'close-up' sound that I was
after...

Cheers

Daniel