Re: [linux-audio-user] (perhaps) stupid question regarding ln -s and binaries

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (perhaps) stupid question regarding ln -s and binaries
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 18:04:31 EET

The simple answer is don't move it. Add the original location to your
PATH variable. On the other hand, ./configure scripts usually have a
--prefix= setting that you can use to put things where you want them in
the first place. So you could use ./configure --prefix=/usr/local and
the binaries and shared libraries would end up there when you do the
make install (do ./configure --help to see all the options).

Hope that helps.

Jan