[linux-audio-user] Getting alsaplayer to work with Audiophile

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Getting alsaplayer to work with Audiophile
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 20:29:23 EET

Hallo,

I have a M-Audio Audiophile card (snd-ice1712) in my box, and for
month I cannot get alsaplayer to work with it in ALSA-mode. I
currently use
$ alsaplayer --version
alsaplayer 0.99.70
from the unstable Debian package.

But it didn't work with any prior version. Actually I like alsaplayer,
because it runs very stable without dropouts, but in my case it
doesn't deserve its name. This is the error I keep getting when
starting alsaplayer ("-d default", "-d hw:0" all give the same):

$ alsaplayer
error on set_periods (13)
Unavailable hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S16_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (11609 11610)
PERIOD_SIZE: 512
PERIOD_BYTES: 2048
PERIODS: [1 13)
BUFFER_TIME: (11609 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: [512 6553]
BUFFER_BYTES: [2048 26212]
TICK_TIME: 10000
error on set_periods (7)
Unavailable hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S16_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (23219 23220)
PERIOD_SIZE: 1024
PERIOD_BYTES: 4096
PERIODS: [1 7)
BUFFER_TIME: (23219 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: [1024 6553]
BUFFER_BYTES: [4096 26212]
TICK_TIME: 10000
failed to configure output device...trying OSS

Yeah, "trying OSS", you wimp! ;)

Has anyone with an Audiophile alsaplayer working?

ciao