Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pop filter?
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 22:36:01 EET

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:15:04PM -0500, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:42:06 +0000
> Daniel James <daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com> wrote:
> > > How _do_ they make this stuff so damn inexpensive??
> >
> > Because factory workers in China get 1 day off every two weeks, and wages
> > start at under 1 US dollar per day.
>
> Erp... now the guilt sets in. But thank you for the information; it
> is a good thing to know.

Of course there are lots of cheap audio products made in China under
various brand names - all those large diaphragm mics made for 1/10 the
price of a Neumann are made that way.

For what it's worth, another complaint about Behringer is that they
are alleged to have copied the designs of other manufacturers' more
expensive products. I think that accusation applied in connection with
Mackie mixers, for instance.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk