Re: [linux-audio-user] Mailing list for general music making questions?

From: tompoe_AT_renonevada.net
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 05:50:58 EET

Hi: I have experienced multiple sites/mail lists that musicians and
artists go to to discuss their music and marketing and ideas. So far,
there's no general list that has the "feel" and "comfort" for newbies to
the recording movement, i.e., do-it-yourself movement.

For example, a message that says, "I just made a recording, and need
feedback on it." Or, "Where's a site I can put my samples?" Or, "I'm
in need of a music appreciation online course, to formalize my music
training."

Open Studios has a list called, community_studios_AT_lists.ibiblio.org.
This will eventually be populated by those who are using the free
recording services of their local facilities, and will be asking such
questions. If the lau list is already fielding such topics, then that
gives everyone a good resource to act as the definitive list to check.
So, my preference is to let this list [ lau ] be a broader-based
resource for the world community. Go for it, Darren! We support you.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV

--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"