RE: [linux-audio-user] My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 20:43:55 EET

I assume you're using a laptop. I've noticed a similar issue on other
laptops (Dell notebooks and Apple powerbooks have similar issues). It's
simply because when the laptop is hooked up into a wall, the current
that travels near the main motherboard in order to get to the charging
battery causes interference. You may want to try using your laptop
hooked up into external power but without the battery in the laptop
itself and if the noise is then gone, then that is definitely what is
causing it.

Other option is that even if the battery is out and it still makes
noise, that your external power connection is too close to the USB
controller of some sorts (or even the USB connector) causing similar
interference.

Just a thought.

Ico