Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 11:17:19 EET

marted́, 18 febbraio 2003 alle 20:19:19, Frank Barknecht ha scritto:
> > my Edirol UA-20 USB audio device has arrived, and I also got it to
> > work: It was almost plug and play. But now I have a serious problem,
> > and that is noise when moving the mouse. I'm at loss what to do.
> > Everytime I move the pointer with mouse or touchpad on my Acer
> > Travelmade, the UA-20 produces nasty screetching, crackling and
> > scratching. This doesn't happen, when I unplug the power supply. The
> > UA-20 gets its power from the USB-port, so I suspect that this creates
> > the conflicts.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of this noise?

Hello, Frank

I have the same identical problem with my ibook and Roland SCD70.
I thought that it was related to the fact SCD70 has separate power
supply, but now I suspect it's like Ivica pointed out (the charging
circuit for the battery).

BTW, are you able to run jackd with the UA-20?
I get a message saying "your device either doesn't support one of the
two sample format jack can use" or something similar...

Ciao

--
  | Emiliano Grilli     |