Re: Ground loop solved! [Was: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, ...]

Subject: Re: Ground loop solved! [Was: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, ...]
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 00:12:07 EET

Hallo,
Matthew Yee-King hat gesagt: // Matthew Yee-King wrote:

> get a mackie! i've been gigging my 1402 for a while now and its solid.

Looks nice, but normally I only have 2(-4) outputs. And I probably only
can afford the Mackie 1402VLZD Bag...

> is the midi on the edirol working yet ;) ?

Nope, not yet. Maybe it's the hardware, I'll take it to office
tomorrow, where I can acces Win2000 PCs to test it. I need midi, so
I'll keep digging.

> i'm very interested in this long, multi list story as i'm thinking
> of buying a decent usb soundcard

The audio part of the UA-20 is quite good, IMO. But you should better
not buy it on mailorder, like I did, but instead go to a shop and test
it with your hardware. You can preconfigure the alsa-modules, then
it's plug'n'play (or die).

ciao