Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 / ALSA question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 / ALSA question
From: Joe Hartley (joe.hartley_AT_ingenta.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 19:59:09 EET

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:13:41 -0500 (EST)
John Bleichert <syborg_AT_stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Then, in recording software (e.g. Ardour) how does one get at the
> independent inputs? Does Ardour just automagically know there are 4 inputs
> there via the driver?

Yes - capture ports 1-4 map to HW inputs 1-4, and playback ports 1-4 map
to HW outputs 1-4.

> I've been using Audacity for quite some time, I'm
> sure how/if I'll be able to record more than one input at a time with it.

I have the Delta 1010 and haven't figured out how to record off of
any other inputs than 1 & 2.

             Joe Hartley - Senior Unix Admin - Ingenta inc.
      111R Chestnut St., Providence, RI  02903 - cell 401.338.9214
              Joe.Hartley_AT_ingenta.com - AOL IM: JoeHartley