Re: [linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes
From: Benjamin Weste Pearre (bwpearre_AT_alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 00:40:44 EET

> I've used an SBLive 512 with Audacity to do full duplex - but note that full
> duplex in Audacity 1.0 for Linux doesn't work; a known bug. Try the latest
> beta version 1.1.1 and see if full duplex works. That version has plenty of
> bugs, but there is a new beta due next month.

I tried telling Audacity 1.1.1 to play while recording, just last
night. Debian 3.0, kernel 2.4.20, alsa 0.9.0rc5. Crashed my system,
had to use the power switch. Did I mention I like journalled
filesystems? :)

...and, yeah, exporting to ogg lets me play the ogg and record...

--
Ben Pearre                               http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben