Re: [linux-audio-user] Hot(un)plug

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hot(un)plug
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 22:35:27 EET

Hallo,
Tim Hall hat gesagt: // Tim Hall wrote:

> hotplug is also involved in a chain of dependencies, which go:
> hotplug <-ezusbmidi<-demudi-midi<-demudi-soundapps.
> I'm hoping the last two are 'empty' packages, but I'm wary, because the ONE
> thing I DO want (and what got me into this mess in the first place) is to be
> able to fire up an external synth.
> firewire, usb & pcmcia I can do without.
> I'm being double cautious due to the number of times I've lost the function I
> needed due to deleting something that seemed irrelevant.

Be a little but careful here. demudi-midi and demudi-soundapps are so
called tasks, IIR, they are itself empty, but depend on other
packages to fulfill a task like "midi software in general". So I think
it might be okay to remove them (try "apt-get -s remove hotplug"
first), but YMMV.

I don't quite see why you *want* to remove hotplug. I see a lot of
harmless warning messages on startup. That's perfectly normal on
Linux.

ciao