Re: [linux-audio-user] new to linux audio (and Rosegarden)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] new to linux audio (and Rosegarden)
From: Christophe Vescovi (vescovi_AT_isn.in2p3.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 15:33:22 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Another interesting app, which recently got JACK transport support is
> Soundtracker. Far from perfect, but I've managed to get
> ecasound+soundtracker to work together. Basicly I had one soundtracker as
> the JACK master and two ecasounds as JACK slaves. I could press 'start'
> and 'stop' in soundtracker and both ecasound sessions would react to these
> events. Unfortunately soundtracker doesn't yet map the position
> information to song position, so you always had to start the recording
> from start. Still, I did manage to record a simple track with this setup
> and then mix it (.xm from st, one .wav from each ecasound). This is a big
> improvement as normally I'd need to render the .xm to .wav after each
> change.

First, thanks to Steve and Kai for the informations.
I have look at soundtracker. It's funny but in the Jack/application page
it is noted that soundtracker is "jackified" since version 0.6.7 and on
the soundtracker pages the last version is 0.6.6 and it is indicated
that developement has been suspended. I have not check the CVS ...
surely the place to go ;-)

Concerning Rosegarden, I have the same problem that Moeflon. vu-meter
indicate that some sounds are played (well they are moving at least ...)
but no sound at the output. Since it was my first attempt to play some
soundfonts out of my SBlive, the problem may be somewhere else !!

Christophe