Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa with OPL3-SA2 on Asus Laptop

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa with OPL3-SA2 on Asus Laptop
From: Chris Bray (chris.bray_AT_key-systems.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 18:26:11 EET

Takashi (and All), thanks for you help but I still cant get it to work...

I downloaded the latest RC7 and built with --with-debug=detect
on the configure line.

./utils/alsaconf finds the OPL3SA2 but the module still wont load.

One of the messages ends with detect=0xFF or the like I'm sorry,
I forgot the exact line.

How do i tell the pnp Id ? pnpdump has a line with YMH0800/-1 in it
and there are lots of YMH0020 and YMH0021's floating around but as
I'm a bit of a newbie I'm not quite sure where to look !

Thanks again to all for your help.

Is there anything else I can do ?

Chris.