Re: [linux-audio-user] building new machine, couple simple questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] building new machine, couple simple questions
From: Larry Troxler (lt_AT_westnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 05:33:24 EET

On Saturday 01 March 2003 21:35, R Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a new low latency + preemption patched
> machine. I've forgotten how to confirm that the kernel
> is running preemptively. It's a command to the effect
> of 'cat /proc/something'. Anyone know what I'm
> referring to?

Try "cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency" or "echo 1 >
/proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency" to enable it.

This is with the warning that I don't know if this enables the kernel
pre-emption, or just the low-latency patch. What I'm saying is that there
seems to be more than one patch for the 2.4.x kernel and I don't know if this
file enables all of them or just one or some.

Larry