[linux-audio-user] Can't set input monitoring with ice1712 based card.

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Can't set input monitoring with ice1712 based card.
From: Luke Yelavich (lukethemuso_AT_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 14:50:55 EET

Hi folks
I have compiled the latest 0.9rc of ALSA, on a system with kernel 2.4.20
patched with low-latency and pre-emptable kernel patch. I have a TerraTec
DMX 6Fire 24/96 soundcard, which uses the Envy24 chipset. The card uses the
snd-ice1712 module.

I execute jack like this:
jackd -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 512 -r 44100 &
Jack starts fine, however when I try and run a client, in this case
ZynAddSubfx, I occasionally get xruns, and a message saying "Cannot set
input monitoring (No such file or directory)"

I am unable to jack ZynAddSubfx to ALSA, as the jack portion of
alsa-patch-bay tends to time out while attempting to patch the program.

I am running all of this as root.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Luke (TheMuso)