Re: [linux-audio-user] simple audio apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] simple audio apps
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 15:19:52 EET

Hello!
  For just recording and checking mixer-settings, I think ecasound or
qtecasound, if you like GUIs, might be ok. Otherwise there is still ardour,
muse and the other big ones, but they contain a lot of functionality.
  Recording mp3s: Why not just record audio-data to a raw (.raw or .cdr) file
or .wav-file and convert them afterwards? For converting I found lame to be a
very neat tool. It is command-line based and so v. good for scripting. Also it
contains special compression=algorithms for speech.
  Regards
         Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de