Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa-lib-0.9.0rc8a --with-jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa-lib-0.9.0rc8a --with-jack
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 20:37:13 EET

> > * anton <addon_AT_blueyonder.co.uk> [2003-03-04 19:26]:
> >
> > What does --with-jack do? Does it just compile the jack pcm
>
> Yes, the pcm_jack plugin.
>
> > And
> > what can I do with the jack pcm? Is it possible to send the sound
> > played on this device, for example with aplay, to the jackd? Is
>
> Yes, and record from jackd, for example with arecord.
>
> aplay and arecord are the only applications tested. But they _do_
> work. you will need to configure the plugin like this: (in your
> asound.conf)
>
> pcm.jackplug {
> type plug
> slave { pcm "jack" }
> }
>
> pcm.jack {
> type jack
> playback_ports {
> 0 alsa_pcm:playback_1
> 1 alsa_pcm:playback_2
> }
> capture_ports {
> 0 alsa_pcm:capture_1
> 1 alsa_pcm:capture_2
> }
> }
>

> now, you can aplay -Djackplug

If I try to ctrl-C out of aplay while it is playing, playback stops and
it prints "Aborted by signal Interrupt..." twice and hangs in there.
Further ctrl-C's have no effect. State of the process in a ps listing is
"SL". A "kill pid" from root makes it print "Aborted by signal
Terminated..." but the process is still there (same state). Killing the
jack server finally makes aplay quit.

-- Fernando