[linux-audio-user] alsa / xmms / delta card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] alsa / xmms / delta card
From: John Bleichert (syborg_AT_stny.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 00:16:02 EET

Hello All

I've configured software apps (e.g. xmms and games like Kohan and Myth II)
to play through the PCM Out channels on my Delta card, but I can't figure
out how to get an audio CD to play out through the PCM Outs. I use xmms as
my CD player and I think it's configured correctly (it always worked fine
with my sblive).

If xmms plays mp3 and wav files to PCM Out, how come it doesn't play CD
audio to the same output stream? There is no CD audio header on the delta
card - how do people using these cards listen to audio CDs? How do they
get the audio to play via the IDE cables and not the old reliable direct
connection from CDROM to sound card? FWIW I have the output plugin in xmms
set to the OSS driver, which snd-pcm-oss seems to pick up just fine.

Are there any ALSA cd players that can handle this?

Suggestions welcome - JB

John Bleichert syborg_AT_stny.rr.com