[linux-audio-user] Problem with jackd

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Problem with jackd
From: Raphaë Haberer-Proust (raph_AT_gmx.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:45:15 EET

Hello,

I would like to use ardour. I downloaded it from CVS and finally got it
compiled, but I can't start jackd:

titanium:~# jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
jackd 0.50.0
Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|1024|2|48000|swmon|rt
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:866:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c failed:
No such file or directory ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm
cannot load driver module alsa
jack main caught signal 15

here is my ~/.asoundrc
pcm.myname {
   type hw
   card 0
}

ctl.myname {
   type hw
   card 0
}

(it is a copy from the one in /usr/share/doc/jackd/examples/)
I could not find more details in the documentation or on
http://jackit.sf.net

Here is what I have in /dev/snd/
controlC0 pcmC0D0p seq timer

There is really no /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c

What am I doing wrong? I tested it with alsa started and stoped. Did I
misunderstood anything essential? I'm using debian woody on a Mac
PowerBook G4 with alsa 0.90rc7 from sid and with a special mac kernel
2.4.20 (from benh).

Thanks very much for your help

raph

clef publique :
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~proust/raph-pub-key.txt

S'il vous plaît, évitez de m'envoyer des attachements au format Word ou
PowerPoint. Voir
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html