[linux-audio-user] Anything I can do about Hum?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Anything I can do about Hum?
From: Reid Vail (rsv869_AT_adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 23:11:24 EET

Sorry if this has been asked before.....

Can anything tell me what source is for humming during LP playing? Is
it lack of grounding somewhere, or motor hum...just wondering....

I have a pretty generic hardware config on the stereo side...no high-end
cabling connecting turn-table to receiver (not really possible in this
situation), etc. Hadn't notice the hum before, probably because the LPs
were in such bad shape. Now I have an LP in good condition with quieter
sections, but there's this background.

Thanks in advance

Reid