[linux-audio-user] Re: Collaboration

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Collaboration
From: Felix Dijder (loauc_AT_hotpop.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 16:45:29 EET

Well, I have been using a mixed environment between Linux and Windows for
recording, mixing and mastering and so far I have got good results
(http://www.artistcollaboration.com/~loauc)

That site is aimed to people willing to collaborate and they provide free
space (web and ftp), open forums and basically what we are looking in this
collaboration thread. Take a look at it: http://www.artistcollaboration.com

They have a fast connection and there is a general agreement that mixes are
posted as mp3 (or ogg, some prefer that) and individual tracks are posted
either as wma or ape (a loseless codec capable of compressing around 25 % of
the original wav size).

There has been also a discussion about porting n-Track to Linux, it could be
what is needed, just hang around the n-track forum (http://www.fasoft.com/)
and you'll realize what I'm talking about.

FD