[linux-audio-user] alsa rme hdsp driver, firmware rev 11

Subject: [linux-audio-user] alsa rme hdsp driver, firmware rev 11
From: Jaakko Prättälä (Jaakko.Prattala_AT_helsinki.fi)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 18:32:02 EET

Hi all. Has anyone got a rme hdsp with firmware revision 11
working with alsa? If you do, could you send me your
hdsp.c (maybe hammerfall_mem.c too) as an attachment?
Or even better, a diff against current alsa cvs.

I'd *so* like to get my multiface running.
The red error led is nice, but a bit less than
what I need from the card :-)

If you have a non-working version, what error message
do you get from the driver in /var/log/messages?
I get:
Mar 23 16:54:29 kiertotahti kernel: Hammerfall memory allocator: no Hammerfall
cards found...
Mar 23 16:54:29 kiertotahti kernel: RME Hammerfall-DSP: no cards found

and on the command line:
[root_AT_kiertotahti jaakko]# /sbin/modprobe snd-hdsp
/lib/modules/2.4.19scsi_lowlat_acpi/kernel/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.19scsi_lowlat_acpi/kernel/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.19scsi_lowlat_acpi/kernel/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19scsi_lowlat_acpi/kernel/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
insmod snd-hdsp failed

I'm just trying to track where the error is. I don't even know my firmware
version number but I suppose it's the latest since I just bought the multiface
a few days ago.

--
Jaakko Prättälä
Jaakko.Prattala_AT_Helsinki.FI