[linux-audio-user] min hardware requirements

Subject: [linux-audio-user] min hardware requirements
From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT (gktnews_AT_gktech.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 12:32:22 EET

Hello,

Can anyone give me some input on minimum hardware requirements for single
track recording/playback? This machine will be updated later for
multitrack, but right now I have the following to use:

celeron 1 gig
256 or 512 megs ram
40 gig or 80 gig ata100 ibm harddrive
soundblaster live value

I may end up doing dual pentium 3 866 and 512 megs (or more) depending on
how my upgrading goes (this is my old machine).

I run would be running either slackware 8.1 or 9 with the alsa, jack,
audacity/ardour combination.

Any input would be great!

Thanks in advance,

        Bryan