Re: [linux-audio-user] Similar apps on linux??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Similar apps on linux??
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 00:09:26 EET

Hallo,
Angel Gabriel hat gesagt: // Angel Gabriel wrote:

> Coming from a windows setup, I'm familiar with Cubase, CakeWalk,
> GigaSampler, Fruity Loops, and the like. Are there any similar apps
> for linux??

Look at Muse (Midi) and Ardour (harddisk recording) and Swami/fluid
synth for sample based playing.

There is nothing like Fruity Loops, I guess. But if you could provide
some more info on how you work and what you look for exactly, we
probably could name alternatives. If you're willing to learn them,
jMax or Pure Data are worth a deep look, because you can build your
own personalized sound software with them ... if you have patience.

ciao