Re: [linux-audio-user] The mandrake audio workstation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] The mandrake audio workstation
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:45:16 EET

> I found this link, useful for audio-users who have the new mdk 9.1:
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8018846552.html

The one line install of multimedia kernel, jack, ardour, audacity and LADSPA
plugins is pretty amazing. I've been using Austin's RPMs of Audacity CVS, and
he and the Mandrake team have been doing a great job with the audio and music
side of the distro.

I do have to pick up on one statement though:

> Version 1.1.1 of audacity has a lot of problems.

The beta 1.1.3 has just been released and is a lot better - hopefully there
will be an official update RPM. 1.1.1 was really alpha quality.

> Check for version 1.3.0 on www.mandrakeclub.com soon.

I think the stable version is to be called 1.2

Cheers

Daniel