RE: [linux-audio-user] Raid setup (kinda OT)

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Raid setup (kinda OT)
From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT (gktnews_AT_gktech.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 00:13:14 EET

Mark,

Thank you very much for that insight. I had never realized that it could
cause longer latency. The machine I setup for a client was SCSI raid, so
maybe that makes a difference as well. Of course, the other client that I
did a special RAID for was doing video work, and they almost required a
RAID. Maybe for my purposes simply have 2 drives, one for operating system
other strictly for recording, would be better?

In the end I will only be doing 4 different inputs max, so maybe I am
overdoing it a bit.

On a side note, is there any way I could get you to give me a bit more
info about how you went about setting up your RAID(s)? Offlist is fine if
it will be too offtopic. Don't worry about it if you don't want to.

Thanks!

        Bryan