Re: [linux-audio-user] Notebook for audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Notebook for audio
From: D R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 06:50:45 EET

I will second the Thinkpad suggestion ;-)

I have an A31, the onboard intel8x0 chip works ok, stero line in, mono
mic. Built in WLAN supported in Linux. It also has the Ultrabay2000
slot. I currently use it for a second hd, but you can get hot swappable
batteries for it. Screen is great. Works with Ardour and Jack very well.
And when the cardbus firmware issue, on the RME hdsp card, get fixed I
will be able to do 24chs in and out.

--
drh_AT_niptron.com

Subject: Linux box finds it hard to wake up in the morning

I've heard of dogs being like their owners, but Linux boxen? -- Peter Hunter <peter.hunter_AT_blackfriars.oxford.ac.uk>