Re: [linux-audio-user] visual to audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] visual to audio
From: iriXx (m_AT_iriXx.org)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 03:11:25 EEST

chris penrose (developer of PV Nation) wrote one of these but afaik it
only runs in OS X... might be easy to port to GNU/Linux tho... i cant
remember the name of it but its on his site at
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~penrose/

m~

Matthew Yee-King wrote:
> i was thinking more of a metasynth-like program - you import a png or
> something into the software and it turns it into a manipulable sound
> scape.
>
> - matthew
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 04:46:04PM -0500, Gustavo Zamorano S. wrote:
>
>>I am animating images with the command "animate" that comes with the RPM
>>file ImageMagick...
>>I have being able to have a big lowercase "e" spinning when I get new
>>emails. My program that checks for new emails runs a shell script that
>>executes animate bige.gif. bige.gif is a file that has 12 images of a
>>"e" in 3D in different positions rotating....
>>I created bige.gif using the command "convert" from the 12 jpg files.
>>It is also included in ImageMagik.
>>No sound at all, of course!...
>>GZS
>>

>>matthew yee-king wrote:
>>
>>>Hello there
>>>
>>>does anyone know of a tool that lets you convert visual images to sounds
>>>(or better still, video)? i guess pd+externals can do it??
>>>
>>>cheers
>>>
>>>matthew
>>>

>>--
>>This Message is sent from My R. Hat 8.0 Linux server
>>
>> .-.
>> .-. | Gustavo Zamorano S.
>> .-. | | Unique Computer Operations, S. A.(UNICOPSA)
>> | /o\_'||.' o `.
>> | \=/ /|| `---' P.O. Box 872150, Zona 7
>> \ ___// \ Panama, Republica de Panama
>> \____/ (`__') mailto:gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net
>> ///////\\\\\\\
>> `--.____.--'

- --

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info_AT_copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

gnupg key at http://www.iriXx.org/pubring.gpg

  _