Re: [linux-audio-user] Help with mixer/preamp config (OT?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Help with mixer/preamp config (OT?)
From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT (gktnews_AT_gktech.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 10:46:59 EEST

Jan,

That was a big help! I have been hunting around looking at Behringer and I
think I'm going to *try* and get the 8 channel, but if not that is a great
idea. Does that two channel have preamp mic?

Hey, maybe you can give me some feedback on this. Right now my girlfriend
and I both play instruments. Well me sort of, as I just started the
violin. Anyway, I want to have a tuner at each of our music stands
(especially mine since I cant tune by ear just yet, plus it's just nice to
have). I have mics at each stand as well. The tuners have 1/4" inputs, so
I was thinking of running the mics to the mixer, then Y-ing the output,
one to the input on the computer, one back to the tuner. Do you think this
would have a very negative effect, or maybe there is a better way?

Also, one last question, although I am sincerely grateful for all your
help, is do you have any opinions on Tobiah's input on the mics? I
understand the need for such high-end mics, but at what point will I start
noticing a difference?

Thank you again, very very much!

        Bryan