Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 18:03:30 EEST

On 2003.04.01 03:10 Moeflon wrote:
> Been messing around the last couple of days with MDK 9.1(rc3) Or I did
> something wrong, or urpmi has some probs, anyhow, more than 3/4 of the
> sound rpms I tried to install from the 9.1 plf sources seem to be
> corrupted (as I may believe what urpmi tells me)

I highly doubt this. We have thousands of users reporting that 9.1 works
better than any previous version, and I'm a member of PLF devel team. Can you
be more specific? What do you mean by 'corrupted sources' and 'urpmi
problems'? I'll try to help.

> I 'm getting headaches from the rpm-system. I'd like to move over to
> Slackware.

There's not much difference between a binary RPM and a binary tgz package.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant