Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: Moeflon (moeflon_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 18:51:42 EEST

Well,

After screwing around in my system all day, I finally found the cure:
tripwire had a problem and thus preventing me to install some rpm. A
simple uninstall of tripwire solved the rpm-troubles. I'm downloading
rpms like crazy now...

Another isue which came up today(probably not for this list): I 'm using
X-free 4. Seems that mister X is eating up all my ram and swap too.
Ksysguard tells me X is eating 750000+ vmsize. Is this normal?

And yet another one: Could somebody PLEASE explain me (in human
language) how to get rosegarden to make some sound-output. I can't hear
anything, nor can I use my evolution-usb-keyboard... I already figured
out it probably has something to do with jack. But what and how still
remain a mystery to me...

Thanks to everybody with your responses. To be honest, I never expected
these answers. THX!!

Oh, before I forget I guess I will stay with Mandrake for now. I already
learned a lot about linux today.

Karel.