Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: jordan muscott (jordan_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 21:31:14 EEST

Moeflon wrote:

>I 'm getting headaches from the rpm-system. I'd like to move over to
>Slackware.
>
>=> Does anybody have any idea how difficult/easy it is to build a
> sound-workstation on slack? any links?

I just made this switch (to Slackware 9) and i'm very happy with it.
I've had no problems compiling any audio apps so far, and have been
using a utility called 'checkinstall' to build slack packages instead of
just doing 'make install', which makes it a bit easier to keep track of
what is installed etc.

Jordan.