Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 20:15:14 EEST

Rob,

        You're gonna love the EWS88MT. It's basically an equivalent of my DSP
2000. I really like the envy24 chipset. Zero latency monitoring using
the internal mixer is the best! Once you get it you should seriously
consider moving to reiserfs (or XFS, I think Mark is right on that) if
you have a dedicated audio data disk. I could actually see a reduction
in xruns when I switched to reiserfs from ext3.

Jan