RE: [linux-audio-user] RTMix & MIDI

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] RTMix & MIDI
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 05:09:12 EEST

Hi there!

Just to make sure, you want this text to be displayed on the
_notification interface_ (main black widget on the 1st tab of the main
window) or in the console?

Text events display _exclusively_ on the Notification interface, so it
can be used for performance settings. Console displays and logs overall
activity information/errors etc. (in that respect it is different from
jMax/Max Console) -- it's kind of a debugger in that respect.

If you want the Console to be verbose about your triggered events, but
do not want to see logged MIDI data, make sure to enable the "VERBOSE"
button found on the real-time tab and disable MIDI LOGGING button. This
may, however hinder your real-time performance (which is fixed in the
current dev version by threading the whole console separately).

Midi logging is there more for debugging purposes than for a performance
(so that you can see whether your events are being triggered as they
should be).

Now, onto your problem:

I tried running just the first line in my RTMix (ver. 0.72 that you
prolly have, which is the last released version -- if you don't have
this version, please get it to ensure we're on the same page :-), and
the "MIDI received" message shows up without any problems in the
_notification interface_, not the console (which is as expected).

Hope this helps!

Ico