[linux-audio-user] m-audio quattro + alsa

Subject: [linux-audio-user] m-audio quattro + alsa
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 13:02:59 EEST

Hi all,

I'm using an m-audio quattro usb soundcard with my laptop using alsa 0.9.2.
I'm experiencing the audio device periodically shutting down - I have to
unplug and plug in the usb cable a few times before it comes back up.

It is better than it was - I was getting system freezes with a previous
version of alsa, so it sounds like the driver might be the culprit.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem, and might have
found a solution. It only occurs every hour or so of use, it's quite intermittent.

cheers,

dave