Re: [linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:32:10 EEST

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 03:18:56PM +0400, Guy Clotilde wrote:
> This all begs the questions though.... why on earth does the original
> poster think that soundfont sounds so good?

Please have a look at

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/soundtest/soundtest.html

> It's stock Creative Labs
> stuff... My years-old versions of Chaos 12M and Fluid both have some
> better instruments than Creative's 8M GM font...

A proposal: Download the MIDI file and the example2hardware.mp3
and compare the MP3 with your synths. If a big band plays, I agree.
If an orchestra in stock pot plays, I don't agree.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)