[linux-audio-user] Submitted for your approval

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Submitted for your approval
From: Chris (grooveman_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 17:26:44 EEST

Hello Everyone!

I am about to take the plunge here with my first home-studio recording
machine. I would LOVE to hear any opionions here on my choice of hardware
as I still remain flexible. If you see me doing something stupid, PLEASE
let me know! :0)

Here it is:
Soyo Dragon Ultra Black Motherboard
Athlon XP 2700+
Maxtor 7200 8megbuffer 80 gb hardrives (2 Will be done in IDE RAID)
Corsair CAS2 DDR400 Ram 1gb
Round Ide and floppy cables
Flooppy Drive
Sony DVD burner (dvd+r/w dvd-r/w etc.)
Nexus CPU Cooler KC222700
Nexus Istyle Case
NVidia Geforce 4 ti 4600
Zalhman 92mm quiet Casefan
Nexus Real Silent 400W Powersupply
Zahlman heatpipe ZM80A-HP (for graphics card)
Zahlman NB32j Heatsink for NorthBridge chipset
Teratech EWS88 MT

Whaddya think? I have a removeable hard drive tray for the first drive,
the second two will be raid0 (IDE highpoint), so I can have two totally
separate OS's: one for recording, the other for gaming. Does any of this
smack of latency problems? Does anyone recommend where I put my swap space
(on raid or off)?

What do you think of my soundcard choice? Is it too much? I wanted
something with a-d d-a on board with midi, and I love the fact that it
snaps into a 5 1/2" bay.

Anyone have any issues with the mobo I picked?

lastly: Does anyone know if the Zahlman CNPS7000-cu will work on an Athlon
XP chip? Everything I saw only mentioned a P4 or a Clawhammer chip. I
would love to dump the nexus and go for this if I know that it is compatible.

Please be gentle, I am new to digital recording, but I am very excited to
get started!!

Thanks everyone!

Chris