[linux-audio-user] GameTheater XP 7.1

Subject: [linux-audio-user] GameTheater XP 7.1
From: Rolando J. Nieves (rjnieves_AT_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 18:20:17 EEST

Has anybody been able to fully utilize this sound card using ALSA? I've been
able to set up analog recording. But during playback apparently the ALSA
mixer does not have all of the volume controls necessary. The card, as you
may or may not know, has an external "break-out-box" with just about all of
the internal sound card's inputs and outputs (very convenient btw). I'm able
to control the left and right channels using the master volume control, but
the card also has rear, center, and subwoofer channels as separate outputs.
I believe I've found the volume controls for all of those except the
subwoofer channel. I've tried every volume knob but the subwoofer never
registers a signal. If anybody out there has this sound card and has been
able to use the subwoofer channel under Linux I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Rolando.