[linux-audio-user] cdrecord usage

Subject: [linux-audio-user] cdrecord usage
From: Tim (helycos_AT_lycos.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 15:44:32 EEST

Hi,

I want to make audio CDs which are playable in hifi CD players. I wish
to burn in steps, yet have the CD playable before final fixation. So
far I have made a lot of coasters. How would the command line read in
order to achieve my goal?

cdrecord -multi speed=4 dev=0,0,0 *.wav
cdrecord -nofix speed=4 dev=0,0,0 *.wav

these will burn a CD which isn't recognised by my hifi CD player until

cdrecord -fix dev=0,0,0

Fixes the disk and allows playing of tracks, allows further burns but
these are not accessible by the CD player as the toc doesn't identify them.

Sadly I am able to create such disks on windoze with Easy CD Creator.
If cdrecord cannot allow this, what is the difference? I'm using
version 1.1.

TIA, Tim