Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio* Tekno Composer fails to buid

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio* Tekno Composer fails to buid
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 09:21:27 EDT

Hmm... some random train of thought stuff... in the words of
someone-or-other: sorry its long, I didn't have time to make it any
shorter.

Speaking for myself, I havent tried Audio* yet, theres no good reason for
that, I just dont have /any/ free time at the moment. I've allready
chipped away at all the sleep time that it is biologically safe to ;)

Sooner or later I will try your software either because Fernando packages
it, or cos I try it on someone elses machine at at that point I will
probably send you a patch/thanks email/offer of beer, depending on how
good it is :)

There is a fuck-ton of linux audio software that comes out, and without
some kind of clue its really hard to know what to try and what not too.
After a while I tend to notice that a lot of people are talking about
something in particular, and then I'l try it. Much of it is deeply cool,
much of it is of a high quality, but not intersting to me artisticly.

People round here seem pretty tolerant of rants, foibles and whatever, and
if you stick it long enough I'm sure your software will develop a large
following. These things take time.

- Steve