Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio* Tekno Composer fails to buid

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio* Tekno Composer fails to buid
From: Darren Landrum (consul_AT_studioconsul.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 00:48:43 EDT

If I may add my two cents in...

One of the things I have noticed, and one of the things I like most about
this group, is the fact that Linux audio development is one of the most
coordinated and communicative of all of the different dev groups throughout
OSS and Free Software.

Now, for my part, being a web developer who can't really do DSP or audio
programming, I have been working on support and infrastructure projects.
That's my way of getting involved. Some other folks are users and testers,
and some help out with writing the tons of documentation needed. My point
is, though, that we all talk to each other.

Okay, I'll stop now. :-)

-- Darren

Steve Harris wrote:

> Hmm... some random train of thought stuff... in the words of
> someone-or-other: sorry its long, I didn't have time to make it any
> shorter.
>
> Speaking for myself, I havent tried Audio* yet, theres no good reason
> for that, I just dont have /any/ free time at the moment. I've allready
> chipped away at all the sleep time that it is biologically safe to ;)
>
> Sooner or later I will try your software either because Fernando
> packages it, or cos I try it on someone elses machine at at that point
> I will probably send you a patch/thanks email/offer of beer, depending
> on how good it is :)
>
> There is a fuck-ton of linux audio software that comes out, and without
> some kind of clue its really hard to know what to try and what not too.
> After a while I tend to notice that a lot of people are talking about
> something in particular, and then I'l try it. Much of it is deeply
> cool, much of it is of a high quality, but not intersting to me
> artisticly.
>
> People round here seem pretty tolerant of rants, foibles and whatever,
> and if you stick it long enough I'm sure your software will develop a
> large following. These things take time.
>
> - Steve
>
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 03:49:08 -0400, Nick wrote:
>> Sorry about my temper tantrum I just get very frustrated sometimes. I
>> am working very hard to learn many new things. I had thought in many
>> months people would write or say hello or something. Nada. I guess
>> that's just the way it is. It's cool by me now. I guess I thought Open
>> meant everyone was cool and down with that, but it ain't man. Ain't no
>> scene like that no more, and won't ever be. That's the way it is, and
>> it ain't gonna change. No man, I'm not much of a puritan, I code from
>> the gut and I don't know what to say, it is raw, and it is not
>> correct. I am not correct. I don't really apologize for it. It's just
>> the way I am. Either you forgive me and love me, or just write me off
>> and we move on from there. I hold no grudges against no one. It's cool
>> by me. I have no plans to be a professional coder. I do it my way or
>> the highway. I really don't care if it's good or bad, as long as it
>> works the way I want it too. If it works correctly, I can care less
>> about my ettiquette. No apologies for that either.

Regards,
Darren Landrum