[linux-audio-user] fluidsynth and midi device

Subject: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth and midi device
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 18:13:43 EEST

Hello!

I have tried to run fluidsynth-1.0.1 on my Linux system with an ES1371
sound card (i want to attach a MIDI keyboard to the sound card's midi
input). But it said that there's no device /dev/midi .

There indeed is none, but midi0, midi1, midi2, midi3, midi00, midi01,
midi02, midi03 are present.

I tried:

ln -s /dev/midi0 /dev/midi

but this did not help - fluidsynth still says that no device named
/dev/midi is available.

Is there any way for me to use fluid with my PC's midi input?

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik