[linux-audio-user] external sound card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] external sound card
From: Jan Stary (stare_AT_ns.arachne.cz)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 10:22:08 EEST

Hi,

as my Acer Laptop only has a via ac97 chipset and one mono (mic) input and
one stereo (headphone) output, I consider getting some additional
hardware.

I have two USB ports and a PCMCIA Card slot. Which one is better to use as
a sound input/output? I mean sound quality and latency.

I am running ecasound on top of alsa 0.9.2 and the 2.5.66 kernel.

Any suggestions for a particular card/device/setup?

Thanks a lot.

Jan