Re: [linux-audio-user] midi Sys Ex dumps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi Sys Ex dumps
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 02:02:44 EEST

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:12, R Parker wrote:

> If there's no utilities, I'll happily try this out.
>
> ron

Ron,
   I would think that many MIDI patch librarian's would store MIDI SysEx
data. I know they do in Windows.

   I think the limitation of storing it to file using the method you
found would be that you'll also (I presume) want to be able to send the
SysEx settings back to the mixer to reconfigure it later.

   I bookmarked this page sometime ago:

http://www.synthzone.com/editlib.htm

There I found jSynthLib, which says it handles SysEx on its
documentation page. Don't know I'd want to be tied to Java though.

http://www.overwhelmed.org/jsynthlib/

Anyway, I think you'll probably find something pretty nice pretty
quickly if you look in this basic patch librarian area.

Good luck,
Mark