Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 14:57:55 EEST

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:34:44 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote / a écrit:

> Hallo,
> Guy Clotilde hat gesagt: // Guy Clotilde wrote:

Thanks for responding so quickly. I understand better this setuid thing.

> > Does any program 'setuid root' really run with roots provileges?
>
> Effectivly yes, at least at the start. But as I said, most programs
> stop being root on their own with something like the
> setuid-C-function, see "man 2 setuid".

May I beg a last question: does it means that a setuid prog can delete important files? By example, if I setuid root a file manager (xftree), will it be able to delete any files ? Don't worry, I won't do it, just to understand.

#ICQ 37736372
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html