RE: [linux-audio-user] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 17:27:40 EEST

Well, the odd thing is that I have the exactly same setup on another
machine with the same kernel rpm installed and that one has shm just
fine.

At any rate, according to Mdk there needs to be this kind of line added:

none /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0

(supposedly tmpfs has replaced shmfs in the newer kernels)

Yet, I am not sure whether this thing has to be mounted explicitly or
what. On the other machine everything is automatic, but this one is
giving me all kinds of headaches. Should I maybe recompile the jack, now
that I've added this thingy to my fstab? What about a reboot?

Ico

0