[linux-audio-user] convert midi to wav

Subject: [linux-audio-user] convert midi to wav
From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT (gktnews_AT_gktech.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 04:27:00 EEST

Hello,

Just wondering what the best way to convert a midi to wav is, while
preserving the sound? I use an SB live with the standard 8mg soundfont
(from creative) so whatever sounds like that would be perfect.

I was looking at Timidity, but it seems to use different sounds (AFAICT).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

        Bryan