Re: [linux-audio-user] xmms libcdaudio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] xmms libcdaudio
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 11:02:19 EEST

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:18:59 +0200, derek holzer wrote / a écrit:

> how can i get the libcdaudio plugin for XMMS to load an audio CD? when i
> go to directory /cdrom in the player's file browser, i see subdirectory
> cdrom0, but i can't get it to open the audio CD to play. a program like
> workman recognizes the CD fine.

Have you configure the plugin in xmms? Left-click on the play buttons, then "Options / Preferences / Audio E/S /" (*)
You should see libaudiocd.so and it should be activated. (* I have a french xmms, so the labels should vary a bit).
Then you click on the "configure" button and you complete the fields (example: /dev/cdrom and /mnt/cdrom, according to your /etc/fstab).

> only problem there is that i scrapped
> the OSS drivers for the Alsa ones, so i get no sound! has anybody else
> had this problem?

It should work.
I have the alsa driver, but xmms use the oss output, because alsa simulate oss.

Hope it helped a bit.

Guy CLO~
#ICQ 37736372
#219055 http://counter.li.org