Re: [linux-audio-user] SB LIve for external MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SB LIve for external MIDI
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 11:47:33 EEST

> at the top of the page of the ALSA support for
> the Live! card we can read the following:
>
> "MIDI on SB live drive not working properly."
>
> Does this means that it's not presently possible to use MIDI with a
> Live! card and Linux ?

I think this entry just refers to the Live Drive breakout box. Use the MIDI
dongle with the gameport socket on the card itself and it should be fine.

I've mentioned this confusion with the Live Drive before, and also sent an
update about the Midiman DMAN PCI for the ALSA matrix to the appropriate
mailing list (I bought one on eBay and tested it) but nothing was changed. Is
anyone maintaining the soundcard matrix at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ ?

Cheers

Daniel